Monday, May 9, 2011

MONDAYYY!!!!

(Dan's(the health rejuvenator) Ninja Juice
Spinach
Kale
Parsley
Celery
Ginger
Lemon
Garlic
Habanero pepper (optional)

Push ingredients through a juicer. ENJOY.



I didn't have all the ingredients, so i improvised!
Improvised recipe~
Spinach- two pinchey grabs out of the bag
kale -3 leaves
celery leaves*just the leaves on their stems, about 1/2 C.)
powdered ginger 1 tsp
2 fresh lemons, juiced
2 LARGE garlic clove
2 apple slices(about 1/8th of an apple- to help the greens go through the juicer(Champion)
powdered Cayenne about 1/2 tsp.
stevia.- to taste


It. Was. YUMMY!-  I SOo want to do this with fresh Ginger and peppers!  SOON!


 Mother's day was wonderful.  Woke up late- very late(all those nights with two hours or less of sleep call caught up with me saturday night.)  The girls made me breakfast, and cleaned the house(alittle. lol)  Husband took me to a late lunch(that also turned out to be dinner) and a dollar movie(is there any other(reasonable) kind!?)  My youngest serenaded me- at the top of his lungs, while strumming an out of tune guitar.- it was precious.  My next youngest picked a bouquet handful of yard flowers and weeds for me - they're almost the best kind!!  I had some girl time with my girls, and then we all went to bed early.  All in all, a really good day.  God is so good.


   We are  going to be trying an experiment for the next little while, and see what affects it has on all of us.   We will be eating all our meals each day, at home, together, all at the same table. 
   I think we lost something precious when "family meal" times got relegated to weekends and holidays only.  It's a good way to "check in" with everyone, and also to "see"- visually- how they're doing, too. We used to do evening meals together,but let our "busy schedule" interfere.  The kids have gotten lax in their social etiquette  and table manners, and im putting my foot down.
(smacking, belching, talking with your mouth full, etc. ain't flying around here...)
We'll keep you updated on the good, the bad, and the gross, on the experiment.-I'm thinking there will be more gross than good at first. - aren't you excited!?  


Now..for Today's Groove~...(song, not video)*lol


Today's Smoothie:  Berry Bliss:  9 big strawberries, 1 C. mixed berries, 5 leaves Romaine, 2 leaves Kale, 1 C. ice, 1 C. water, stevia to taste.  Blend in Vitamix until really smooth, and ENJOY!~











No comments:

Post a Comment