Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I had a surprise visitor today...

Murphy stopped by for a visit….
Last night i tried to write and one thing after another kept coming up to keep me from it, until suddenly, it was 10, and i was out of steam.
Today- well, today I planned; but had a surprise visitor.
My kitchen sinks have plugged three times, my back toilet overflowed twice, one of my front toilets wont flush anymore, i plugged in my crock pot and it blew a breaker-, one that controls the Television, VCR/DVD player, the 150 gallon fish tank and my main refrigerator.  *groan~.  I went to reset the breaker, and it wont reset; it just keeps doing a miniature pop, shock, spark thing.
   I took the crock pot- stocked with dinner - over to another plug and plugged (or tried) it in.   Big pop, burst of flame, smoke, scorch marks on the counter.  -*hmmm~  
   I've had some college, so, I drew a conclusion:  the crock pots the problem; or, Was.(it's thoroughly dead now.)  The school computer, the vita mix, the champion juicer, and the water filter, were all "off" with this second "minipolsion."  I headed for the breaker box,-again- and  winced when reaching to reset the breaker; my fingertips and nerves were already sore.  This breaker stayed on. *Whew~  but, the computer took a hit.  It's not reading something or other and isn't working. 
I began hearing Yosemite Sam like blurbs in my head... (that can't be good, right?)
We went looking for extension cords to save the foods and the fish(es). 
  45 minutes later, all "vital" items are re-routed, my kitchen and living room are an extension cord obstacle course, and all my energy seems to have abandoned ship.
  I'm contemplating a nap(which wont happen with 8 kids about)
Tranquilizer darts(for my boys), a calgon bubble bath, with some hot cran-apple tea and a good romance book are the stuffs of dreams right now.
  *perk~  but i know where to find some duct tape!
*hehehe~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment